The following is a list of common myths that are floating around...
- Toilet Training: - You cannot toilet train a tamagotchi. Before you tama does a poo, some squiggly lines will appear around him/her, and he/she will look rather uncomfortable. If you use the toilet option quickly, your tama will sit on the toilet and do a poo instead. However, it doesn't matter how many times you do this, your tamagotchi WILL NOT automatically go to the toilet.
- Good/Bad Tamagotchis: - There is not such thing as a good/bad tamagotchi. I'm sorry folks but you are not really raising children and in real life, good or bad parenting doesn't gaurantee a good or bad child. A certain tamagotchi character does NOT indicate you have been a bad parent. For every person that says they get a tamagotchi by taking good care of it, there will be someone who has got the same character by not looking after their tama well.
- Methods For Getting a Character: -
You cannot get X character by treating it well. You cannot get X character by treating it badly. This is in line with good and bad characters. Some people will tell you that Tarakotchi is "bad" character and to get it you need shouldn't feed it or leave it unhappy... and I can tell you that when I was more enthusiastic I monitored my tamagotchi obsessively and treated it like gold and I still got a Tarakotchi.
With the exception of Oyajitchi and the old timers that just have to be done a special way, how you get a character is determined by a number of factors OTHER than how you raise it. If you want to use a method then you need to check at the very least that you are on the right generation to be able to get it to begin with and it fits in with what you've already had in the growth chart. Some tamagotchis can't be gotten on even generations and some can't be gotten on odd generations. Please have a look HERE at the growth chart and generations... You also need to take into account your tamas weight, your training points and what character you tamagotchi bred with.
If you find something that works... great! But don't be disappointed if it doesn't... you've been warned! Relying on methods for getting tamagotchis instead of enjoying the random nature is bound to bring you frustration and disappointment.
For the record... 1) I've treated my tama well, played all games or none, mated with good and dodgy tamas and still ended up with the same thing! 2) You can send me as many nasty little emails as you like but I am not removing this section until such time as Bandai says that there are official ways to get characters that doesn't require debugging.
- V4 Tamas: - V4 tamagotchis do not currently exist, regardless of what people say and what may be shown on Ebay. Always be very wary of what you buy on Ebay.
- Immortality: - If you enter all five codes at the shop keeper, your tamagotchi WILL NOT become immortal. This is pure rumour.
- More Than 5 Codes: - There are not more than five codes. There never has been and there never will be for the V2 tamagotchi.
To The Top
Go to Bell Sprout's Tamagotchis
Go to Bell Sprout's Inner World